Systems Architect (Echostar) (m/w/d)
EchoStar Mobile Limited, a subsidiary of EchoStar Corp., is a mobile operator providing connectivity across Europe. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, EchoStar Mobile Limited provides access to a hybrid satellite and terrestrial network enabling enhanced mobile voice and data communications for businesses, government agencies and consumers. For more information, visit echostarmobile.com
Systems Architect – LPWAN (m/f/d)
Location: 64347 Griesheim, Germany
General Description of the Position:
The position is for a Systems Architect dedicated to providing technical leadership to all EchoStar Mobile Limited (a mobile satellite operator that provides connectivity across Europe through a hybrid satellite and terrestrial network) teams and its partners on Low Power Wide Area Networks (LP WAN).
The Systems Architect will be the technical subject matter expert for on all end-to-end LPWAN services and components.
Other responsibilities include technical ownership of ‘proof of concept’ trials and technical demonstrations to business partners, end-users and technology partners. In addition, the Systems Architect will provide technical leadership for Product Development activities. The Systems Architect will think strategically to help shape the direction of end-user solutions while collaborating with technology partners.
- Act as the company Subject Matter Expert on all network components of the EchoStar Mobile LPWAN service.
- Act as primary technical point of contact with key technology suppliers.
- Take technical ownership throughout project lifecycle when delivering solutions to customers (Solution Ideation, Trial, Delivery, Ongoing Support).
- Define and maintain support framework within HNSE or other organisations providing first and second line customer support, including initial and ongoing training packages.
- Act as third-line support for service troubleshooting.
- Build effective relationships with all relevant departments in EchoStar and Hughes.
- Ensure that all technical and design documentation is accurate and provided on time.
- Ensure requested technical reports are delivered on time, accurate and consist of detailed information.
- Support Sales & Marketing in producing regular white papers and presentations on solving an industry issue or technical information.
- Produce relevant case studies.
2. Customer Contact:
- Design customer trials and liaise with the Network Engineering Group on implementation.
- Analyse the customer’s business and technical requirements and design technical solutions and understanding related operational processes.
- Conduct technical training for team and partners as required.
- Represent the Company, on a technical level, at customer meetings, exhibitions and shows.
- Document all results.
3. Product Development activities:
- Identify and test new features, platforms, and products.
- Gather and analyse market intelligence, including new technology and standards analysis.
- Document results for internal and customer use.
- Track evolution of standards (3GPP, LoRa Alliance) and align product roadmap accordingly.
4. Other Tasks:
- Assist with co-ordinating, optimising and monitoring processes.
- Proactively manage workload, differing priorities and time effectively.
- Respect and support all changes to business processes and support the company’s formal ‘Quality’ initiatives (including ITIL).
- Be fully aware of the Company Quality Policy and comply with the Quality Procedures and instructors applicable to the above responsibilities.
- Understand and follow the European Anti-Corruption, UK Bribery Act Policy as a mandatory policy of compliance for all EchoStar entities.
- Undertake ad-hoc activities within the scope of these responsibilities, which are requested by management from time to time.
Qualification and Experience required:
- 7 – 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Understanding of existing 3GPP technology and standards
- Understanding of existing LoRa Alliance technology and standards
Key Skills required:
- Experience in designing and operating end-to-end LPWAN systems (LoRa/SigFox/NBIOT).
- Technical understanding of the end-to-end provision of IoT and LPWAN services.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, and strong presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with customer engagement, internal and external stakeholder management/relationship building.
- Self-starter able to take on complex deployments with little supervision.
Echostar Mobile Limited (EML) is a dynamic company that offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to make a real difference. In return for your commitment and skills you be given the opportunity to shape and develop one of the most exciting growth markets today.