MSS Sales Manager, Western Europe
The MSS Sales Manager drives growth of EchoStar Mobile’s mobile satellite services portfolio.
EchoStar Mobile Limited is a satellite operator that provides connectivity across Europe through a hybrid satellite and terrestrial network, in Western Europe.
The MSS Sales Manager will be responsible for developing specific sectors, in key territories, to drive growth and to meet and exceed sales targets. In addition, this role is the primary point-of-contact for new partners and customers in Western Europe.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that sales activities achieve both the short-term revenue objectives and long term needs of the business.
- Researching organisations and contacts to identify new leads and potential new partners in key territories & sectors to drive growth.
- Identifying sector trends, needs and problems that can be addressed with EchoStar Mobile products and services.
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Pitching the EchoStar Mobile portfolio of products and/or services.
- Working closely with Director of Sales and Marketing to develop quotes and proposals for specific sectors, geographies and projects.
- Working closely with technical and service delivery teams internally, and at Distribution Partners, to ensure technical solutions meet the needs of new sectors, customers and/or projects.
- Understand the capabilities of all Distribution Partners to ensure leads, projects, and opportunities are executed to the highest quality, in the shortest time.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to pitch the EchoStar Mobile portfolio and to generate leads.
- Contacting customers and partners, to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email and in person.
- Maintaining strong and fruitful relationships with the ecosystem partners.
- Extensive travel to support Distribution Partners, identify and close direct projects/customers and attend and support industry events.
- Train customers and partners on the company’s portfolio of services.
Required Background and Experience:
- From five to eight years of relevant professional experience in business development and sales, including a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Sales experience in one or more of the following sectors: satellite or terrestrial, utilities, transportation or logistics, maritime and/or agritech.
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of financial acumen to ensure business development activities meet the financial objectives of the company.
- High level of technical understanding of mobile and fixed satellite and/or cellular services and market landscape, including competitors, value proposition and deployments.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with customer engagement, internal and external stakeholder management and relationship-building.
- A self-starter, able to take on complex deployments with little supervision.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Business-level proficiency in other European language would be advantageous but is not essential.